Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Friday

Hi Friends!
Happy Friday, I’m so happy that the weekend is nearly starting.  It’s been a crazy week, and I’m looking forward to a welcome break (even if I have to sneak in some work over the weekend).
We’re enjoying some lovely weather in Indianapolis.   I was out walking my sweet Bella earlier, and it’s neighborhood garage sale day here.  In addition to the garage sales, I saw a lemonade stand which made me think that it was a good time to post this card.



I made it for Lawn Fawn inspiration week, but it didn’t get posted. So in the spirit of lemonade stands, it’s getting some love at the blog today.
For the card base, I heat embossed the lemon image all over to make my own background, then I colored the pitcher and glass and cut them out.  I took a white square, stamped the sentiment, and adhered the colored images to it. Then I tied some twine around it and added a pearl. Next I attached to the yellow square  and drew dashes with my white Signo pen. This was attached to the base. 
I did add some Glossy Accents to add dimension and a glass like appearance to the pitcher and glass. 
I hope you like and are also having some nice summer weather of your own!
Hugs and blessings
Nette

11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Love how you embossed your own background. Lee-Ann :)

Chari Moss said...

Cute cute!

Elise C. said...

So cute! I really like the background that you made!

Brenda said...

Awesome card....I think it's time for lemonade! Love the colors....so refreshing!

~amy~ said...

c-u-t-e!

Kathy W said...

That is so cute. And my very favorite color combination - blue and yellow.

Heather Innusa said...

Love love love this!!! The glossy accents is a fantastic addition!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love the embossed backround-so cute! This card is so sweet!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is SO stinkin' cute. I love that embossed lemon background and the glaze on the lemonade is perfect! Hope all is well with you.

Yainea said...

Love the colors and the embossed background! Cute!

Cheryl L. said...

I have this set but haven't used it yet...this is a great inspiration! Love the use of the glossy accents!