Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

CPS Sketch Challenge

Hi Friends

Happy Friday!  Anyone have any big weekend plans?  We are going to see “Real Steel” tonight with my brother and nephew.  I have to admit when I saw the previews I thought it was Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots comes to the big screen.  And I thought it looked bad. Well, then my brother and nephew asked us to go.  We read some of the reviews, and it’s gotten fairly decent reviews.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I have very low expectations, but we are going to give it a chance.  I’d love to hear what you have planned for the weekend?

Now, onto paper-crafting… I don’t know about you, but I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE with coming up with layouts for my cards.  Last night, I decided to check out the CPS sketch challenge.  And that is what I used to create this card:

DSC_0284

As I said yesterday, I need birthday cards, so I came up with this. I used Lawn Fawn’s Bake me a Cake set which is my go-to birthday set.  I also combined it with some Jillibean Soup patterned paper. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

Nette

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Cute! Good luck at the movie tonight. I kind of feel the same way you do. Let me know how it turns out!

Chari Moss said...

Love this cake!!! The colors are so fun and I love the stripe paper for the icing part. Yum! We are going to a pumpkin carving party tonight and then hopefully the corn maze on Saturday. A very fall fun filled weekend ahead.

Karen B. said...

I'm very convinced that I need that stamp set now, I always enjoy what you do with it!

Chris said...

Adorable card! I love me some Lawn Fawn stamps too, and I love the Bake Me a Cake set too.

Tell us what you think of the movie. I too thought it was stupid at first preview, but I have heard only good things since it came out.