Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge

May-Challenge-bNumber-9-400px

Hi Friends,

We’re kicking off another fun Lawnscaping challenge today.  This challenge is to create a party themed project.  Let your creative juices flow on this one. There are tons of possibilities.  SimonSaysStampBlinkie1

Simon Says Stamp is our fabulous sponsor this time. So the winner will get a $25 gift certificate to the online store.

  BadgesSimonSaysPrize

I went with a card that could really be used for any sort of party.  I will have it on hand when I need it which will likely be soon because there are several birthdays of friends and family in the not so distant future.

Here’s what I came up with

DSC_0259

I used Lawn Fawn’s Bannerific and Sophie’s Sentiments on this one.  (Have I mentioned before that I just love paper-piecing, and there are so many fun Lawn Fawn stamps to paper piece). I paired them with some fun Basic Grey Paper, some twine, gems and light distressing, and boom a celebration card.

Speaking of Lawn Fawn, they are donating 20% of their profits this week (May 1 to May 7)to the Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization.  Be sure to check out the Lawn Fawn blog for all the details. It’s a fabulous cause, and what better excuse to get some Lawn Fawn fun!  (You know you need some new Lawn Fawn stamps, so this is the perfect justification to purchase them).

Shoowee, this has been a long post. Thanks for sticking with me. Can’t wait to see what you do with the challenge.

Hugs and blessings

Nette

6 comments:

jestar said...

Gorgeous card! I love the design and colours! Paper piecing is my favourite technique - it's so fun! Thanks for all the inspiration on your blog :) I love visiting! Blessings!

Chari Moss said...

I always love those little banners paper pieced on a card, it makes me happy! Beautiful, I'm feeling inspired already.

Christiana said...

I love this bright and fun card! It really makes me want to go to a party. A garden party, perhaps? But it's a little too cold and rainy here for that.

Marie said...

What a gret banner! TFS =)

Jenny said...

such a sweet card, love it!! :) :) :):)

Jessica said...

Cute!!