Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wee Memories Sketch Challenge

Hi There,

How are you? I’m getting cabin fever. I stayed home from work again today. This time was to watch my nephew. My brother needed some help, so I volunteered. It’s always fun to spend time with my nephew, and he even spent some time crating with me. (He likes art stuff, so card-making is right up his alley, well sometimes, anyway).

I made a card for this week’s Wee Memories challenge. It was a sketch challenge, and I love those. Here’s what the sketch looked like:

getsketchy

And here is my take on the sketch:

DSC_0050

I’ve been in Valentine making mode, so this sketch helped me out on that. (I love sending cards to friends for Valentine’s day, and while I don’t send as many, I do send some).

I used the Basic Grey Olivia paper, and Lawn Fawn’s My Silly Valentine.  I think they go so well together.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and Blessings

Nette

Supplies:

Stamps: Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine, and Sophie’s Sentiments

Ink: Memento Black

Paper:  Papertrey Ink, Neenah

Other:  Sizzix Die cut, Copic Markers, EK success punch, Corner Chomper, PTI ribbon

9 comments:

Ann said...

Nette, this is SO sweet! I love your colors & mix of patterns!

Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

Kelly said...

WOWZERS! great take on the sketch and I love how you mixed the LF stamps and that paper. DELICIOUS!

Karen B. said...

Way. 2. Cute. Adorable!

Laurel said...

So darn cute, thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

Heather Innusa said...

This is too cute for words!! I just love those cute lil socks so muck & the colors are fabulous!!

Laurel Beard said...

This is so adorable Nette! Love the xoxo patterned paper! Your color scheme is perfect! I love this.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Such pretty, patterned papers and colors! Lovin' everything about this card! Thank you so much for playing along with us in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Christiana said...

This card is so sweet! I love those socks! And you're right, that Basic Grey Olivia print goes perfectly with Lawn Fawn stamps. In fact, I used it myself on our new Lawnscaping Challenge! Lol.
Great job, Nette, as always!