Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink 20

Hi There!

I hope your week has gone well. It’s time for another Everything but the Kitchen Sink Around the House Challenge. Courtney is the host this month, and she’s given us a great item (or items) to work with… BUTTONS!

EBTKS Challenge 20

Not only do we have a fun item to work with, but we have an AMAZING sponsor. Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring this challenge.

simonstoreheidi

Now, when Courtney initiated the challenge, her intent was for us to use stray buttons we have around the house. Well, I kind of bent that rule (Sorry Court)… Mainly because I didn’t read the details of her message (I was so excited to see buttons as our item), and also, we really do not have buttons around the house. I’d remake my item except for the fact that I’m out of time.

ANYWAY, I digress. For my example I really wanted to showcase the buttons by making them central to my design. I also needed to make a gift bag and card, so I decided to combine the two (love when I can do that).

DSC_0082

That bag is just a plain old lunch bag with some Bo-Bunny paper and Studio Calico buttons. I used Lawn Fawn’s Judy’s blooms to make the paper pieced flower. I did a couple of them, cut them out and layered for dimension. I did scallop the top which I think is a nice little touch and makes it go nicely with the scalloped flower card. I made the card by using the largest Spellbinder large scalloped circles for a card base and then again with patterned paper. I arranged the buttons, added some hand cut leaves, a sentiment and a little butterfly just for fun :)

So when you participate, use up those stray buttons you have around the house. We cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Hugs and blessings

Lynnette

Supplies:

Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Judy’s blooms, and Bake me a Cake)

Paper: Georgia Pacific (flower card base)

Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Scalloped circles; Stampin Up! scalloped border punch; Basic Narrows ribbon

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Super cute Lynnette! I hope you are having a great time at CHA.

Ann said...

LOVE the color combo on this, Nette! SO sad we missed meeting yesterday. :(

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty! I just love the lunch bag and the matching card. Great use of buttons! :)